Who says you possibly can’t have chocolate for breakfast? This wholesome chocolate granola served with a little bit of soy milk or on high of yogurt is an effective way to start out your morning.
I’m completely hooked on granola. Like hook, line, and sinker. I really like baking up a batch on the weekend so I’ve one thing to stay up for for breakfast all week lengthy. This chocolate raspberry granola is a scrumptious non-traditional granola recipe that you’re certain to like. In order for you a extra conventional granola, take a look at my wholesome vegan granola recipe – it’s the BEST!
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- A fast and straightforward breakfast choice: making granola at house is tremendous straightforward and a lot cheaper than shopping for granola on the retailer. I really like baking up a batch of granola on the weekend to eat all week.
- Good granola clusters: use the information beneath to make a scrumptious chunky granola. The very best in my view!
- This recipe is vegan, egg free, dairy free, and may simply be made gluten free too!
Substances You’ll Want
- Old style rolled oats: used licensed gluten-free ones to make this recipe gluten free.
- Coconut oil: when you don’t like coconut oil, you can even use canola oil or one other impartial taste oil.
- Maple syrup: provides some pure sweetness.
- Cocoa powder: provides that wealthy chocolate taste
- Vanilla extract: pairs effectively with the chocolate.
- Sea salt: brings out the flavour of this granola.
- Coconut chips: pairs so effectively with the chocolate.
- Mini chocolate chips: optionally available however so enjoyable!
See recipe card beneath for a full record of components and measurements.
Taste Variations / Add Ons
- Freeze Dried Berries: my favourite addition to this chocolate granola is freeze dried fruit! I really like including raspberries or strawberries to the combo since they pair effectively with chocolate. Add about 1/2-3/4 cup freeze dried fruit to this granola after cooling if desired.
- Espresso Powder: give your granola a espresso kick by including in 1/2 tablespoon espresso powder when mixing the granola earlier than baking.
- Nuts/Seeds: change up the nuts and seeds on this granola. I’ll typically exchange the almonds with chopped pistachios. Walnuts and pecans would even be excellent. You may also add hemp hearts or chia seeds as a substitute of floor flax seed.
- Dried Fruit: dried cranberries or blueberries can be scrumptious with this chocolate granola. I might stir in as much as 1/2 cup of dried fruit after the granola has cooled.
- Orange Zest: do you’re keen on these chocolate oranges that you would be able to purchase round Christmas? Add some orange zest to your cooled granola for a little bit of orange taste.
- Cinnamon: love the mixture of cinnamon and chocolate? Add 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon to the granola combination earlier than baking for some cinnamon vibes.
Step by Step
Step One: Add all your granola components besides the coconut flakes and chocolate chips to a big mixing bowl.
Step Two: Stir granola components collectively till effectively blended. Switch to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Step Three: Press granola into one massive flat mass. You need every thing to be touching so it kinds clumps. Bake for quarter-hour after which stir within the coconut flakes and press again right into a flat mass. Bake for one more 5-8 minutes.
Step 4: Don’t stir! Enable granola to chill fully after which break into chunks. Add the chocolate chips after which switch to an hermetic container for storage.
What do you eat with chocolate granola?
There are such a lot of nice methods to get pleasure from this home made vegan granola recipe. Listed here are a couple of of my favorites:
- pour some in a bowl with some soy milk and recent fruit. I actually like consuming this granola with sliced bananas, chopped strawberries, or recent raspberries.
- serve over high of your favourite vegan yogurt with fruit.
- apply it to high of a easy chia pudding like this mocha chia pudding.
- add some crunch to in a single day oats by sprinkling this granola on high when serving. It could be scrumptious with these vegan protein in a single day oats.
- sprinkle on high of a smoothie or smoothie bowl – it will be scrumptious on this peanut butter mocha smoothie.
- eat it by itself as a tasty snack! I cherished snacking on granola once I was pregnant. (I even wrote a publish about my favourite plant-based being pregnant snacks!)
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper in order that the maple sticks to the granola and doesn’t follow the pan.
- When spreading the granola onto the baking sheet, frivolously press every thing collectively onto the pan in a single massive mass. You need every thing to be touching in order that the person oats/nuts/coconut stick collectively as they bake.
- Stir this granola solely as soon as throughout baking once you add the coconut flakes. In order for you a chunky granola, you need to keep away from stirring.
- Don’t stir after baking! Make sure that to let your granola cool fully earlier than breaking it aside and transferring it right into a storage container. The cooling time permits the sugar within the maple syrup to harden once more and permit the clumps to type for a chunky granola.
Personally, I don’t think about granola to be a junk meals. Though granola has a popularity for being excessive in sugar, it is usually a nutrient dense meals with many redeeming qualities corresponding to wholesome fat and many fiber.
Granola might be saved in an hermetic container or jar within the pantry for as much as 2-3 months. If you wish to hold it longer, you possibly can retailer in a bag within the freezer for as much as 6 months.
It’s very easy to make this granola recipe gluten free – simply use gluten free licensed oats.
Extra Scrumptious Recipes You’ll Love
In the event you make this recipe, please you’ll want to go away a remark and ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ranking beneath. This helps others discover my recipes! I all the time love seeing your recipe creations so tag me on Instagram.
Chocolate and raspberry is a successful combo on this chocolate raspberry granola. Serve with yogurt or almond milk.
Stop your display screen from going darkish
Preheat oven to 350 levels Fahrenheit.
In a big bowl, add the oats, oil, maple syrup, cocoa powder, vanilla, sea salt, almonds, and pumpkin seed. Stir to combine collectively.
Unfold oat combination right into a flat mass on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat mat. (Make sure that every thing is touching.)
Bake for quarter-hour after which stir within the coconut flakes. Pat down right into a flat mass once more and bake for one more 5-7 minutes or till coconut is golden brown.
Let granola cool fully on a baking sheet. Break into items and add the chocolate chips. Switch to hermetic container to retailer.
- Gluten Free: Use gluten free licensed oats to make this recipe gluten free.
- Oil: Use any impartial flavored oil that you’ve got like canola or vegetable oil. I additionally like this granola with olive oil.
- Add ons: freeze dried fruit, dried fruit, change out the nuts/seeds, add orange zest, stir in 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Storage: retailer granola in an hermetic container or jar within the pantry for as much as 2-3 months. Retailer within the freezer in a bag for as much as 6 months.
Serving: 1serving | Energy: 279kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 5g | Fats: 18g | Saturated Fats: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 4g | Monounsaturated Fats: 8g | Trans Fats: 0.05g | Ldl cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 56mg | Potassium: 202mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 12IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 2mg
Leave a Reply