Roasted winter greens—root greens, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts—are amongst my favourite dishes. Stuffed with comforting aromas, textures, and flavors, they’re bursting with advantages for the palate, in addition to physique. Whereas it’s simple to neglect veggies within the cooler months, when summer time’s abundance is out of attain, it’s a reminder to show to seasonal produce and pack your weight-reduction plan with extra vibrant plant meals within the winter. This vegetable aspect dish recipe is roasted in a superb tahini spice sauce, then topped with parsley and pomegranate seeds. It’s very easy sufficient to function a aspect for a Sunday night time dinner (strive it with my baked lasagna or lentil patties), nevertheless it’s particular sufficient to serve at your vacation desk too (strive it for Thanksgiving or Christmas!). It’s additionally nice as a potluck addition, and the leftovers are fantastic the subsequent day.
Roasted Tahini-Smothered Winter Greens
Complete Time: 1 hour
Yield: 8 servings 1x
Weight loss plan: Vegan
This vegan, gluten-free roasted winter vegetable medley, which features a entire cauliflower with carrots, parsnips, and Brussels sprouts, is smothered with a easy, flavorful tahini sauce.
- 1 small head (1 pound) cauliflower
- 2 small (2 ounces every) parsnips
- 2 small (2 ounces every) carrots
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- ¼ cup chopped parsley (or 2 tablespoons dried)
- ½ cup pomegranate arils (or frozen)
- Take away the outer leaves of the cauliflower, and lower out core of the cauliflower head with out disrupting the florets (cauliflower head ought to stay entire and intact).
- Scrub the parsnips and carrots and slice them (unpeeled) into massive sections (about 2 inches).
- Trim the ends of the brussels sprouts and slice them in half.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Put together the Tahini Sauce by including tahini, olive oil, water, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, smoked paprika, brown sugar (non-compulsory), black pepper, and salt (non-compulsory) to a small mixing bowl. Whisk till clean.
- Place the parsnips, carrots, and brussels sprouts in a big casserole or baking dish (about 2 quarts), drizzle with two-thirds of the sauce, and toss nicely with tongs. Prepare the greens in dish, permitting room for the cauliflower within the heart. Drizzle the remaining sauce over the cauliflower.
- Bake uncovered in high rack of the oven at 400 F for 40-45 minutes, till greens are tender and golden brown.
- Take away from oven and sprinkle with parsley and pomegranate arils.
- Serve instantly. Makes 8 servings.
- Prep Time: quarter-hour
- Cook dinner Time: 45 minutes
- Class: Aspect Dish
- Delicacies: American
- Serving Measurement: 1 serving
- Energy: 125
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 44 mg
- Fats: 6 g
- Saturated Fats: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 5 g
Key phrases: roasted greens, wholesome aspect dishes, winter greens
For different plant-based vegetable side-dishes, strive the next recipes:
Maple and Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Roasted Orange Ginger Carrots
Broccoli Walnut Au Gratin
Mashed Potatoes and Heirloom Carrots with Basil, Garlic, and Olive Oil
This publish could comprise affiliate hyperlinks. For extra data click on right here.
Leave a Reply