The magical gingerbread taste mixture of ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and allspice doesn’t need to be restricted to cookies – it tastes scrumptious in oats as effectively! Deal with your self this vacation season to this scrumptious gingerbread oatmeal; it’s like a hug in a bowl.
I’m all a few traditional breakfast like this cinnamon oatmeal, however in case you are seeking to change up your typical oatmeal taste and topping combo – you’ll love this gingerbread oatmeal! I really like the wealthy taste and spice from the molasses, nutmeg, and cinnamon. It’s a good way to start out off a day of vacation baking with one thing on the more healthy aspect.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- A wholesome breakfast that tastes like dessert! All of the scrumptious warming spices of a gingerbread particular person served up in a steaming bowl of oats.
- Make in only one pot on the stovetop in lower than 10 minutes. It’s also possible to cook dinner this within the microwave should you’d like.
- This recipe is vegan, dairy free, egg free, nut free, and may simply be made gluten free to so nearly anybody can get pleasure from it!
Substances You’ll Want
- Oats: I like to make use of quaint rolled oats for this recipe, however you need to use fast cooking oats in case you have these. Use gluten-free licensed oats if wanted.
- Milk: Any milk (dairy or non-dairy) will work for these oats; my most well-liked milk is unsweetened, plain soy milk. Use a plant-based milk if you wish to make vegan oats.
- Maple Syrup: Provides a bit little bit of sweetness. It’s also possible to use brown sugar or honey.
- Molasses: You’ll wish to use an unsulfured darkish molasses for this recipe.
- Spices (Cinnamon, Ginger, Cloves, Allspice, Nutmeg): This mix of spices infuses the oats with all the standard Christmas spice you’ll discover in gingerbread. In a pinch, you need to use pumpkin pie spice or apple pie spice however it would style just a bit totally different. It’s also possible to buy gingerbread spice – I’d advocate utilizing 1 teaspoon for this recipe.
See recipe card under for a full checklist of components and measurements.
Gingerbread Oatmeal Topping Strategies
- Recent Fruit: Seasonal fruits like pear and pomegranate pair effectively with the warming spices in these oats.
- Dried Fruit: Raisins or dried cranberries could be good on this gingerbread oatmeal.
- Nuts/Seeds: Add some crunch by sprinkling your oats with some pecans, walnuts, or pumpkin seeds. I often sprinkle on some hemp hearts as effectively for additional omega 3s.
- Almond Butter: Love including a spoon of almond butter to scorching oats in order that it simply melts into the oatmeal. Cashew butter would even be an awesome possibility.
- Candied Ginger: Add some additional gingery zing with some chopped candied ginger on high.
- Gingerbread Cookies: make your oatmeal additional particular by crumbling a couple of gingerbread cookies on high for crunch. It may be a good way to make use of up any that may be a bit stale since they’ll be soaked in milk on the oatmeal.
Step by Step
Step One: Add all your components to a small saucepan and convey to a simmer over medium-high warmth.
Step Two: Simmer for 5-8 minutes or till thickened to desired consistency. Switch to bowls and add toppings.
- Don’t skip the salt! Identical to you season every other dish, it’s vital so as to add a pinch of salt to your oats to brighten up all of the flavors.
- This recipe may also be made with fast cooking or metal minimize oats. Nevertheless, you’ll want to regulate the cooking time.
- To feed a crowd, double or triple the recipe and cook dinner in a big saucepan or dutch oven on the range.
Storage and Make Forward
Double or triple the recipe so you’ve gotten leftovers should you’d like. Portion oatmeal into containers as soon as cooled and retailer within the fridge for as much as 3-4 days. To reheat, add a splash of milk when reheating for a minute or two within the microwave OR in a small saucepan on the stovetop because the cooled oats can be thick. It’s also possible to eat the leftovers chilled should you like!
Add your favourite unflavored protein powder to the oats when cooking. Including 1-2 tablespoons floor flax seed, hemp hearts, or chia seeds whereas cooking is one other nice option to bump up the protein.
The molasses is the important thing to that conventional gingerbread taste, however in a pinch you need to use brown sugar, darkish corn syrup, or maple syrup.
Sure! Simply add all your components to bowl and stir effectively. Cowl the bowl or switch to 2 jars and refrigerate in a single day. Give them one other stir within the morning, add your required toppings and serve.
Extra Oatmeal Recipes You’ll Love
Love this recipe? Be certain to go away a ⭐️ score under and tag @dietitiandebbie on Instagram!
The magical gingerbread taste mixture of ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and allspice does not need to be restricted to cookies – it tastes scrumptious in oats as effectively! Deal with your self this vacation season to this scrumptious gingerbread oatmeal; it is like a hug in a bowl.
Forestall your display screen from going darkish
In a medium saucepan over medium-high warmth, mix all of the components.
Convey to a simmer and stir. Stir repeatedly till liquid is absorbed and oats thicken.
Serve scorching with desired toppings.
- Microwave instructions: add all your components to a small mixing bowl and stir. Microwave for five minutes, pausing to stir often, till thickened to desired consistency.
- Gingerbread spice: When you’ve got a store-bought gingerbread spice, use 1 teaspoon instead of the spices on this recipe.
- Topping ideas: almond butter, pumpkin seeds, pecans, chopped pear, pomegranate.
Serving: 1/2 Cup | Energy: 399kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 15g | Fats: 7g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Ldl cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 114mg | Fiber: 8.7g | Sugar: 17g
Leave a Reply